Skip to main content

The Week Science Takes Over | Aliterate

The Week Science Takes Over | Aliterate



It was 12:02, the biggest event of the year was about to commence: the Science Fair! Yesterday, I had set up my poster and my props for my topic of Cardiac Arrests, and I was now waiting anxiously for my science fair partner, Troy, to come. As soon as he arrived, the judges came over and started criticizing our project. They had asked so many questions that our mouths were overly exhausted from talking. The size of the crowd last year was triple the size of the crowd this year. The whole fair was pretty boring after the judges finished asking questions since we waited 3 hours for the judges to "judge". The whole competition was rigged so of course, we didn't even place. Anyways, Troy and I didn't care since we were only doing it for the 4 extra credit points in our science class.

Besides the science fair, my science teacher had loaded us all with a brick ton of homework. Throughout the whole week, I had to do one very long project and one mediocre lab. I know that this post may be a little short, but I have to go and finish my science homework. 

Before I sign off, I have to ask you one thing: How do you determine the gender of a chromosome? Pull down its genes. Common sense, am I right?

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Renaissance Fair | Aliterate

The Renaissance Fair | Aliterate It was a dark, cold, Thursday morning. My lovely mother, Agatha, was churning butter outside and my dearest father, John-Smith, went out into the forest to bring back his daily hunt of game. I went into the blacksmith tavern to forge my iron sword for knight school the next day.   Where do I start? It actually was a Thursday morning it it looked like God was furious. While he was sending down big bolts of disastrous thunder, he was crying as well. His tears formed a thick sheet of monstrous rain drops. Armageddon was clearly already taking its place. This field trip was a rain or shine trip meaning that there would be no reschedules for the trip. No reschedules even if our field trip took place on the meeting point of a hurricane, earthquake, and tornado.  I filled my bag with a brick ton of things which I would actually never end up using. After a dreadful one and a half hour bus ride we finally came to the one and only: Renaissance Fair.

Armageddon | Aliterate

Armageddon | Aliterate I, George W. Bush, am hereby to declare that Armageddon has officially set off. I knew that this day would come. Meteorologists predict that Armageddon will first hit the East-Coast of the US; meaning that this monstrosity will force every child in grades 3-8 to take standardized testing.  Where do I start. Oh yes, standardized testing. NJSLA or should I call it "fun". Our current governor came into his political position by banning the old standardized test known as "PARCC". When he was elected, he introduced a new standardized test named as "NJSLA" or NJ-slaw; NJSLA is literally just the same thing as PARCC but it has one less section to it.  I have one word to describe the whole experience: traumatizing. Who would ever expect for the whole class to not be able to finish the Algebra section. When there was 2 minutes remaining, many people would start to cry while I would stay still at my desk hyperventilating. I di

Bring Your Offspring To Work Day | Aliterate

Bring Your Offspring To Work Day | Aliterate It was 7:42, it was the big moment. I had clearly missed the bus already, but I was sure it would be worth it. It was going to be one e-mail from AT&T that would change my life forever: would I be going to my mother's workplace? Sweat was dripping down my face and my hands were shaking as if there was an earthquake ranking 9 on the Richter Scale happening right now. A loud sound came from my dear mother's phone; I quickly scurried over to the phone, pushing my irrelevant brother aside. My eyes vigorously scanned a bunch of useless pages until it came to the juicy part. I looked under my little brother's name: rejected. I still had a chance. I looked under my name: accepted. YES! I wasn't allowed to go to my mother's workplace though, 1) She had a big meeting that day; 2) Both of us had to go in order for my mom to take us; 3) This all never happened, and my mom had received the email during the middle of the